The color yellow is the color of joyfulness for me, and this coming year whenever I see something yellow or even if I don't, I am going to try to write about something joyful or something I am thankful for each week in the hope that I will take my eyes off myself more often. So this is my thankfulness blog!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Questions

I am thankful for the pervasive and unrelenting love of God.

Even when I am being a depressed dope who can't get her eyes off herself, I still somehow know that I am loved.

My favorite mental picture that I had one day was of God running at me and throwing Himself on me. It's like it is irresistible and inevitable, and why would I ever not want to accept that love? How could I not return that love?

In my life, I've always thought that I was just not cut out to be super spiritual and speak in tongues and powerfully move in Jesus' name. Therefore, I've always been skeptical of my feelings and inclinations in the spiritual area. Why am I so afraid that I am the one God has always been looking for? Why are each of us afraid that we are God's special, awesome treasure to be loved and prized?

Talking about accepting that love and trusting uninhibitedly the one who gives that love is a whole lot easier than actually living that out. Walking out step by step, that we are specific and special to exactly the life we have been given. Now am I going to live like I am specific and special?

No comments:

Post a Comment